This forum is an opportunity for each Hill and Johnston family member to share personal memories that will be preserved for children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and all future posterity.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Question #8
Name all childhood addresses you remember. Which was your favorite and why?
The first place that I remember living in, I don't remember the address. I do remember that we had a fireplace in a den and the backyard had a bricked walkway with an overhanging trellis filled with flowers and I would ride my "Beep-beep car" out there.
Then came 2961 Gabrielson Ave., San Diego, CA 92111. It was a yellow house with a detatched garage. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a really big backyard that had a hill where we would set up our "slip 'n' slide" and go down again and again and again during the summer.
Next was 2901 Gabrielson Ave., San Diego, CA 92111. Yes, it was just down the street from the other house. This one was brown and had four bedrooms and two bathrooms. I had my own room most of the time we lived there. At the front of the house was a little alcove where bikes could be stored. During the summer we turned it into 'school' and played all day. This was also the house where we had a car crash into our backyard while we were eating dinner(the freeway was just on the other side of a line of trees). The driver was fine, but really shakey.
Then came 772-A Portola in the Persidio of San Francisco. We didn't live there long and I remember that it took forever to get the piano into the house because the front door was on a split entry and the back door was at the top of a pretty steep incline. I had to share a room with my sister, even though we had four rooms (they were really big!) because my dad wanted an 'office.' We lived so close to Golden Gate Park and the Exploratorium that we went often. I loved that.
Next was Alameda, CA. The duplex was brand spanking new when we moved in. I got my own room again and the kitchen area was nice and big, not to mention under my room. I remember my dad singing made up words to oldies while he would make breakfast or wash dishes on Saturday mornings. We lived there 7 years. We had no yard, just a little patio with a 3x3 plot of dirt for planting. Yet, I still managed to plant a garden there to help earn my Young Women Recognition Award. I also remember that house was almost always infested with ants.
Then came Lakeside, CA. My parents finally bought a house when my dad retired. The neighborhood is so quiet that we almost never heard sirens and we only got something like 6 trick-or-treaters during the 4 1/2 years that I lived there. We had a pool in the spacious backyard and we got the kitchen remodeled, which was a pain, but worth it.
Oh, I also lived in an apartment with a friend for a few months in Santee.
I can't remember my first address in Rexburg, but the complex was named "Baronessa" and my roomates were Paige, Brooke, Kara, Stacey and Jennifer. They didn't like me because I kept telling them that they were too noisy at 11:30 at night when I was trying to sleep.
1 comment:
The first place that I remember living in, I don't remember the address. I do remember that we had a fireplace in a den and the backyard had a bricked walkway with an overhanging trellis filled with flowers and I would ride my "Beep-beep car" out there.
Then came 2961 Gabrielson Ave., San Diego, CA 92111. It was a yellow house with a detatched garage. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a really big backyard that had a hill where we would set up our "slip 'n' slide" and go down again and again and again during the summer.
Next was 2901 Gabrielson Ave., San Diego, CA 92111. Yes, it was just down the street from the other house. This one was brown and had four bedrooms and two bathrooms. I had my own room most of the time we lived there. At the front of the house was a little alcove where bikes could be stored. During the summer we turned it into 'school' and played all day. This was also the house where we had a car crash into our backyard while we were eating dinner(the freeway was just on the other side of a line of trees). The driver was fine, but really shakey.
Then came 772-A Portola in the Persidio of San Francisco. We didn't live there long and I remember that it took forever to get the piano into the house because the front door was on a split entry and the back door was at the top of a pretty steep incline. I had to share a room with my sister, even though we had four rooms (they were really big!) because my dad wanted an 'office.' We lived so close to Golden Gate Park and the Exploratorium that we went often. I loved that.
Next was Alameda, CA. The duplex was brand spanking new when we moved in. I got my own room again and the kitchen area was nice and big, not to mention under my room. I remember my dad singing made up words to oldies while he would make breakfast or wash dishes on Saturday mornings. We lived there 7 years. We had no yard, just a little patio with a 3x3 plot of dirt for planting. Yet, I still managed to plant a garden there to help earn my Young Women Recognition Award. I also remember that house was almost always infested with ants.
Then came Lakeside, CA. My parents finally bought a house when my dad retired. The neighborhood is so quiet that we almost never heard sirens and we only got something like 6 trick-or-treaters during the 4 1/2 years that I lived there. We had a pool in the spacious backyard and we got the kitchen remodeled, which was a pain, but worth it.
Oh, I also lived in an apartment with a friend for a few months in Santee.
I can't remember my first address in Rexburg, but the complex was named "Baronessa" and my roomates were Paige, Brooke, Kara, Stacey and Jennifer. They didn't like me because I kept telling them that they were too noisy at 11:30 at night when I was trying to sleep.
That about wraps up my memory of what I remember.
Post a Comment