This forum is an opportunity for each Hill and Johnston family member to share personal memories that will be preserved for children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and all future posterity.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Question #4
Tell of any other nicknames in your childhood family and how they acquired them.
We called Rene' 'Bongie-headed Bernae' because she would run into things and bang her head.
Ben was 'Bear' and still is.
William was 'Billy' and then 'Billiam' (don't ask) and the 'goat.' Now he is just 'Will.'
My dad called my mom 'Pooh-lady.' I still don't know why. He called himself the 'Blue Jew.' I don't know about that one either. My dad came up with weird names for all of us at one point or another. He has a very vivid imagination.
I have many memories of my dad playing around with names and rhymes. Mark, my next older brother, was referred to as ‘Marky’ for a time, but quickly outgrew this. A little more lasting of title was ‘Mark, Mark the Aardvark.’ I believe the rhyming nature of this is what caused it's origin. He later became ‘Messy Mark,’ a title to which he is still sometimes referred!
The other family members seemed to have escaped such references.
2 comments:
We called Rene' 'Bongie-headed Bernae' because she would run into things and bang her head.
Ben was 'Bear' and still is.
William was 'Billy' and then 'Billiam' (don't ask) and the 'goat.' Now he is just 'Will.'
My dad called my mom 'Pooh-lady.' I still don't know why. He called himself the 'Blue Jew.' I don't know about that one either. My dad came up with weird names for all of us at one point or another. He has a very vivid imagination.
I have many memories of my dad playing around with names and rhymes. Mark, my next older brother, was referred to as ‘Marky’ for a time, but quickly outgrew this. A little more lasting of title was ‘Mark, Mark the Aardvark.’ I believe the rhyming nature of this is what caused it's origin. He later became ‘Messy Mark,’ a title to which he is still sometimes referred!
The other family members seemed to have escaped such references.
Post a Comment