This forum is an opportunity for each Hill and Johnston family member to share personal memories that will be preserved for children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and all future posterity.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Question #27
What have you done that caused you to smash a finger or toe?
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I remember living at a little house that was next door to a fire station, and I was probably about four because I wasn't in school yet. I was the oldest of all the little kids in the neighborhood. We were standing around talking about being big and grown up and one of the little boys was trying to pick up this big rock to prove how big and strong he was. He couldn't even budge it, and neither could any of the other little kids. They all looked at me and said that I was bigger and could do it. I was bigger and did pick it up and then proceeded to lift it over my head to show off the the little guys how strong I was. My pride was my mistake, and the rock came down, rather quickly and harshly, onto my big toe. Instantaneously I let out a scream and headed for the house. My big toe wasn't the same after that. It swelled up, turned black and blue and purple, and my toenail came off soon after that. I was grateful that it grew back, even though it was weird-shaped for several years (it is fine now).
1 comment:
I remember living at a little house that was next door to a fire station, and I was probably about four because I wasn't in school yet. I was the oldest of all the little kids in the neighborhood. We were standing around talking about being big and grown up and one of the little boys was trying to pick up this big rock to prove how big and strong he was. He couldn't even budge it, and neither could any of the other little kids. They all looked at me and said that I was bigger and could do it. I was bigger and did pick it up and then proceeded to lift it over my head to show off the the little guys how strong I was. My pride was my mistake, and the rock came down, rather quickly and harshly, onto my big toe. Instantaneously I let out a scream and headed for the house. My big toe wasn't the same after that. It swelled up, turned black and blue and purple, and my toenail came off soon after that. I was grateful that it grew back, even though it was weird-shaped for several years (it is fine now).
Post a Comment