Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This forum is an opportunity for each Hill and Johnston family member to share personal memories that will be preserved for children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and all future posterity.
1 comment:
14 February 2002
This Valentine’s Day will always stick out in my mind. I was at BYU-Idaho and was engaged to John. I really didn’t want to go to class that day, mostly because I hadn’t done my homework and my teacher really bugged me. I went anyway and it turned out to be a good thing. Half way through my history class a guy in a suit walks in the room with a HUGE bouquet of balloons, a teddy bear and a rose. I just knew it wasn’t for me and so I wasn’t worried about it. However, when my teacher asked what he wanted and he mentioned that the delivery was for me, I just about died of embarrassment. My face turned bright red as I got up from my seat and took the balloons and things. As I walked back to my apartment the balloons wilted, much to my surprise. People looked at me funny as I was walking with a bouquet of half hanging down wilted balloons. I got to my apartment and found another surprise. John had decorated with hearts, candy, more balloons and streamers, much to the delight of my roommates.
I thought it was very romantic. We had lunch together in the Galley (the school’s cafeteria). For dinner we drove into Idaho Falls and we were planning on going to a restaurant somewhere and then found that the wait time was somewhere in the 1-2 hour range. This happened at each place we tried. We then decided to look somewhere completely different and decided to go to Quizno’s because there wasn’t a line at all there. Thus started our tradition of eating at Quizno’s on Valentine’s Day and my most memorable one as well.
Post a Comment